As an accredited exercise physiologist (AEP), we use exercise as our main treatment to help with a broad range of conditions. The aims of AEP interventions are to restore one’s optimal physical function, health or well-being. These interventions are mainly exercise based but also include education on physical activity, advice and support. Interventions are not only limited to exercise; an AEP also deals with lifestyle modification with a strong focus on behavioural change.
An AEP service includes:
- Sports and agility testing
- Workers compensation assessments
- Tailored exercise program to help with weight loss, strength and flexibility
- Strategies to manage your condition (Asthma, Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Heart Disease)
- Exercise for the elderly
- Individualised Pilates programs